Tails of Hope Foundation, Inc.® (TOHF) has established strong trusted relationships with America’s national security canine teams that serve the military, law enforcement, search and rescue, crisis response and disabled veterans, while educating today’s youth to fill tomorrow’s canine careers. TOHF supports each of these groups by identifying gaps in services and then filling those gaps with critical and often lifesaving support and services for the canines and their handlers by providing:
· Our K9☤ER Project’s advanced training on: life-saving line-of- duty first-aid treatment of K9 injuries, new decontamination methods benefitting both the K9s and their handlers, and K9 detection skills in explosives, electronic storage devices, ignitables (arson).
· Tactical K9 equipment
· Replacement Police K9s, when their predecessors retire or are no longer able to serve
· Sponsorship of advanced veterinary medical treatment (e.g., cardiology, oncology, orthopedics)
· Transportation and housing support when reuniting 2- and 4-legged combat partners with each other
· Assistance with “Final Walks” – a solemn ceremony at the end of a professional canine’s life honoring their service and sacrifice
· Design and hosting of national ceremonies and events such as the
Tenth Anniversary September 11th National K9 and Veterinary Recognition Ceremony (2011), the inaugural Military Working Dog Contingent in the New York City Veterans Day Parade (2012), co-designing and hosting inaugural and annual K9 Veterans Day ceremonies (since 2013), invitation to and participation in the first White House Conference for youth interested in professional national security canine field careers (2014), co-show running of the inaugural and annual Animals in War and Peace Medal of Bravery Ceremony on Capitol Hill (since 2019) and many others.
· Legislative initiatives for the passage of K9 Veterans Day laws nationwide