Despite much media coverage immediately during and after 9/11, there is no complete and accurate record of all of the SAR, Veterinarians, therapy and other human-canine teams who served. To remember the valiant efforts and sacrifices that were made at the remains of the World Trade Center, Freshkills Landfill, the Pentagon, and in the fields of Pennsylvania, we are gathering together this important historical data so it may be archived and kept in memory for generations to come.
The archived copies of the historic registry may be preserved, inter alia, at
- The Finding One Another website at www.tailsofhopefoundation.org;
- The National September 11 Memorial & Museum in New York City;
- University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in Philadelphia International Working Dog Program;
- The 10th anniversary edition of Dog Heroes of September 11th,
- By Nona Kilgore Bauer, Kennel Club Books; and Photography and Artifact Exhibit at the Palisades Center Mall, West Nyack, NY August 27-28, 2011 (on display until October 31, 2011).
This area of the website is a work in progress. Please check back here for information to enable you to upload your significant story/photos/artifacts and videos. OR we can contact you when the website registry is live by filling out this short form.